Monday, May 28, 2007

Guests, Prompts & Tribulations

They are here. Ballerina and the Scamp have met to town. It is so good to see them again, but it has not been completely without trouble. We had to take the Ballerina to the ER last night. She has a middle ear infection in both ears. And while she and Indy have managed to play well together, there is definitely a need to compete; both for toys and for Pan. Maybe today will be better (crossing my fingers, LOL).

Wed 5/23 Blog Prompt: I wish I didn't have to eat...... I don't like this food because.....

At this point in my life, I can pretty much eat what I want and not eat what I don't like. Though I think I have never wanted to eat escargo. Not real big on clams or oysters either. Eww, slimy. Or at least that is how I think they would be. Funny though, just about all my kids will eat them. But then again they suck crawdad heads too.

Thurs 5/24 Blog Prompt: Describe the best teacher you ever had.
I don't know that I can just pinpoint it to one teacher. They all have had some kind of impact on my life. Those I remember best made learning fun. My latin/English teacher from hs... Mrs. Allen; biology teachers, Mrs. Sears and Mr. Behrens and so the list goes on.

Fri 5/25 Blog Prompt: I wish I could see...... because.....
The rings of Saturn right now. I wish I had my telescope again. Four of the planets can be seen this month and it would have been nice to gaze upon them.

Mon 5/28 Blog Prompt: How does your city celebrate this day or do you do anything special? Do you know anyone who has served in the military? If so, let us know so that we can honor all of those who serve their country.

I believe our cities are having picnics throughout our numerous parks; but then I didn't keep up with it as my own Marine son came into town with his daughter. So we will stay at home, watch Indy and Ballerina play out in the yard & water, probably; then either cook out hamburgers and hot dogs or maybe I'll fry up some drummettes this morning and we can just nibble on them all day. We'll see.

And do I know anyone who has served in the military? I should say so.

Air Force: my father, a co-worker, numerous friends. (I live near an AF base)
Army: my cousin
Marines: Scamp, Bear, Pan's brother, my uncle
Navy: NavyNuke, my FIL, one of my other uncles.

So for my family, friends and all those who serve: THANK YOU.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And thank you from me to all your friends and relatives who are serving.

Glynis said...

Feels like forever since I visited your blog! Great catch-up posts :)

loonyhiker said...

I hope Ballerina is feeling better. I agree with you on the escargot, I can't imagine Latin and Biology being fun and I don't think I would know Saturn's rings if they slapped me in the face. lol

*love2scrap* said...

slimy foods aren't on my list either (not that I even blogged about this!) You give your sons big hugs from me on this memorial day. I think about them and you often.

Anonymous said...

People who miss their childhoods have forgotten about the whole "no choice in what you eat" part :-)