Mon 4/30 Blog Prompt: Since this week will start the month of May, I thought I'd do lists of 5 this week: You are in charge of giving out a major award to the 5 Best Dressed People of the Year. Who are they?
Well not me.... I go for comfort not style.
First on the list though would be my sister, ddpup. She knows how to dress and look perfect for any occasion. Wish I had her fashion sense. For special occasions, I try and let her pick out my clothes.
Second would be my oldest, NavyNuke. He doesn't always follow the newest fashion trend; but is always tastefully dressed. He's more relaxed these days; but you can still find him sporting about in silk shirts and tailored pants. He is a believer in that real men can wear pink.
Third would be my daughter, Bombshell. That is when she tries. She is a lovely woman (guess I can't really call her a girl anymore at 27); tall, lanky with long legs. She can wear just about anything and look good in it.
Fourth would be other son Scamp; although he is more like me and goes for comfort. Still he can look pretty good especially in that Marine Corps uniform or in his khaki slacks and polo shirts.
Fifth would be Pan. Again he is like me and goes more for comfort; but when he was a contractor for the base and had to wear a suit, he would make any woman swoon when he walked by. Then add his trench coat and you had another James Bond in the making.
Tues 5/1 Blog Prompt: You won the travel lotto! You will get an all expense paid trip for you and your family to 5 places anywhere in the world. List the 5 "Must See" places in the world you would go see.
I have been pretty lucky in life having visited some really wonderful places; the Redwood Forest; the Painted Desert; the Meteor Crater; Grand Canyon; Cape Cod; Orlando; New Orleans; Atlanta; New York; San Fransico; Sacramento; Omaha; Memphis; just about every little town in Alabama and Mississippi; Guam; Hawaii; Hong Kong; Germany; Austria; Rapid City, SD (birthplace) and the list goes on - so narrowing it down to 5 is going to be hard. But here it goes:
1. The Keys (Pan use to live there and I would like to see them for that reason)
2. Rapid City, SD (would like to see it as an adult)
3. Australia and New Zealand (because didn't get the chance when we lived in Guam)
4. Alaska (to see the ice floes and the whales)
5. Ireland (ancestral home of Pan's mother) & Scotland (ancestral home of Pan's father and possibly of my own father)
Wed 5/3 Blog Prompt: You have been appointed the head of the Department of Labor and plan to set salaries according to how important an occupation is. What do you think are the top 5 most important occupations?
Boy, Loonyhiker really knows how to pick them doesn't she? This one is tough.
1. Elementary, middle school and high school teachers would be on the top. They are the people who shape our children for the future.
2. Non-commissioned military personal would be the second most important. They are out there defending our nation and deserve to be paid accordingly.
3. Astronomical research personnel. We are depleting our resources and need to expand our horizons, literally.
4. Pediatric surgeons. What is a child's life worth?
5. Hospice personnel. They do a wonderful job but such a hard and difficult one.