Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Rant of a Tribulation

Yes, I am ranting. I should actually be catching up on blog prompts but I am sooooo mad. I would like to know what happened to "the customer is always right." Anybody know? Anybody?

It started earlier this week (like on Saturday) when Pan made a call the insurance company to see about getting my windshield replaced. It's got a crack across it. And if you live in Florida, insurance companies pay the cost of replacement. (I'm sure our insurance rates are a little higher because of it, as well). Anyway they gave him the name of the company they want us to use.

Pan calls, gets perky little Wendy on the phone who says they can come on Tuesday, 1-4. We can't do it Tuesday, I work. Thursday then, 9-12 or 1-4. Again I work (he had already told her this to begin with). So let's try one more time... Friday 9-12 or 1-4. Friday morning would be great, as I am going out of town Friday afternoon.

Wendy calls me today to say they aren't going to make it out until tomorrow afternoon. "Wendy, I'm not happy about this. I have to leave tomorrow afternoon," I reply more than tersely. Well according to her this is the only time I can have it done or wait. "Can you have them there by one?" the ice is filtering through the phone I am sure. "No." "I need a time, Wendy." "No. Can't guarantee a time." "Can you at least make sure they are there before three?" as the volcano of a headache starts to erupt and the speech grows louder to compensate for the lack of my being able to hear what I am saying. "No." "I will call you back."

Pan called back and they are coming tomorrow. If they don't show until 4:00, I will be making a complaint to the insurance company, the company itself and the better business bureau and anybody else you can think of. Forget that I am going to making a complaint no matter what.

Maybe I should have mentioned to her that I worked for a newspaper and we were thinking about doing an article on how businesses fail to live up to their responsibilities and hire nincompoops to man their phones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it came good for you in the end Tink. Sounds like the contracting company is a little to complacent about their deal with the insurance company. Or maybe the insurance company srewed their price down so much that they can only operate with one man and a three legged dog.

Anonymous said...

you can always name them. We have all seen the power of the blog for affecting the way businesses run (into the ground).

Unknown said...

As I still wait here for them, I had considered your comment WB, but it isn't necessarily the company's fault or policy. We have dealt with them in the past and I have been very satistified with their service and their work. I really think it is perky Wendy who doesn't know the first thing about scheduling or about commitments. I pretty much wrote a letter to the company to that effect (they are nationwide). It's too late to do anything about it now as I really have to have it fixed. Still if I don't get an apology, maybe I will post their name.