Friday, September 14, 2012

A message from MiLady

Received this Wednesday night:

Hi Mom,

One last night then we leave for MUSC. They want me there at 5:30am! So I told Nuke that we have go drive down the day before (3 hour drive one way) because I wanted a good night's sleep before surgery, and being woken up 2-3 times a night while they check my vital signs. Of course, if I'm lucky, they'll give me some good drugs and I won't even care or remember. :-)  I should be packing, but I really don't feel like doing it. I wish I knew how long I am going to be there. Since it's such a long drive, I probably won't see Nuke again until they release me (of course he's staying for a while after I come out of surgery, but then he'll go home). I hate that it's so far from family and friends.

I'd be so much more comfortable here at the hospital I used to work at because I know most everyone there. I'll be truly alone at MUSC once Nuke leaves. OMG, I sound like a drama queen, but it's really how I feel. I've not been away from Nuke for more than a day since we got married. I really will hate being away from him, family and friends, and my fur babies. It feels like time is dragging, yet speeding up at the same time. I mean, time is dragging because I'm ready to have this over with, but all too soon Friday will be here and I'm not ready to be so isolated. I don't even know if I'll be able to talk after they're done. I lost my voice for a few days after the first surgery. Nuke thought it was funny, and installed a "Stephen Hawking"-like program into my laptop.....it was too funny! I swear, you and Pan have warped his sense of humor...it's so great! One of my sisters told me I found the perfect man for me, and she is right. You've raised a wonderful son, and I want to thank you and Pan for that.

Well, I need to pack, and then try to sleep some so I can drive. Nuke's still on night shift, so he can sleep while I drive. Nuke will call you after I'm out of surgery to let you know how it went.

Much love to you and Pan!
Hope to hear from them soon.

UPDATE 7:05 a.m. CST: MiLady is now in surgery. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

UPDATE #2 9:09 a.m CST from Nuke:
She's out and in recovery. Dr.  said everything went well! I should be able to see her within the hour.
 

No comments: