Saturday, September 29, 2012

My kind of torment

When I came across this prompt from Brain Candy, I just couldn't resist. It reminded me of something I had done when I was much younger (at least in my 20's, lol).

If you could have anyone locked in a room so that you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose, and how would you torment them?

The four year old child was just so obnoxious. His parents had taught him "big" words to use just so he would sound smart. "Eradicate" the fly instead of "kill the fly." That one really stuck, because why in the world would you teach a four year old various ways of saying kill. But there were others as well.

I took it upon myself to bring him down a notch. Okay a 20 something picking on a 4 year old, not cool. Still it was entertaining and extremely funny to watch him get upset everytime his parents told him how smart he was.

I would do the same all the time. Tell him how "smart" he was, but made it sound like a really bad word. It is hard to write how it sounded, but it went something like "Oh, Bob, you are just sooooo smart," putting a sneer into my voice at the end.

Yep those were the days. I would never consider doing that today, because 4 year olds today are really that smart.

No comments: