Thursday, March 29, 2007

Partying Tribulations

Thurs 3/29 Blog Prompt:
Are you the partying type?

I enjoy them from time to time; but am more inclined to smaller group dinners.

Write about a party you've had or attended.
Pan and I had to attend dinner at his boss' house when Pan worked at the base. His boss was a former General and didn't let anyone forget the fact either. But anyway at this dinner party of about a dozen people; the General started going on about how dumb B-52 gunners are. He was telling us about his days up in Maine (I think, anyway it was one of those northeastern states). I was so proud of myself for biting my tongue and not saying anything.

As we were preparing the leave the General told me was a pleasure it was to meet me finally and that he heard my father had been in the Air Force. "Yes sir, he was." "Oh what did he do?" "He was a gunner on a B-52." Talk about a jaw dropping; and the other head of department that was there couldn't stop laughing. My dad really was a gunner on a 52; but also held the position of EW which you AF guys will know is a rare position for an enlisted man.

Ever wanted to be the recipient of a surprise party? Now is your chance to let your family know! Can I swear? No. Okay then very vehemently NOOOOOOOO. I hate surprises. And my family well knows this. A surprise dinner at my favorite restaurant is okay though; as long as it is just family.

4 comments:

Stephani said...

Oh my goodness how in the world did you hold your tongue! That would have been so very hard for me to do. I bet he was so embarrased as well he should have been.

P.S. I love watching the Peter Pan preview on your blog. I feel like I am at the movies! lol!

Anonymous said...

I love a surprise party ( i think) lol and good thing your family knows not to give you one, lol great tin man by the way :)

Anonymous said...

You are definitely channelling me Tink. Love the story about the dinner party. A moment to cherish.

Anonymous said...

Surprise party... can't imagine anything more horrifying...