Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Improvement Tribulations & More Computer Room Pictures

Tues 3/20 Blog Prompt: Home Improvement Shows

--Home
What's the one thing your dream home must have? A huge bathroom with a bath large enough to really relax in and a separate shower. It would need someplace to sit to dry off so you wouldn't have to sit on the toilet. Plenty of shelving for towels and toiletries.

--Improvement
What's the one thing you would change about your current home? New bed, couch? New carpet or wallpaper? Or something major like an addition? We are slowly (very slowly) trying to replace all of our carpet with cork flooring and put some kind of tile on the floors in the baths and kitchen; if I could only change one thing this would be it. Although we really need to replace our stove too. Sigh.

--Shows
Do you ever watch home improvement shows? Not as much as I use to. In fact I cannot remember the last time I got to watch on. Now it is Noggin, Nick, Jr., or Disney that compete for time on the television. But I did enjoy watching some of them when I got to watch them.

For mom and Bug more pictures of the computer/craft room. The first is Zoe sitting at the other desk. As you can see there is still a lot of work to be done. The second is just like the one posted a couple of days ago except now I actually have things on the shelves. Woo Hoo.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

9 comments:

*love2scrap* said...

oooo, my man just built two houses with huge shower stalls, with seats and two shower heads. Plenty of storage, but the only bath would be in the main bath.

still lovin' the purple room!

Anonymous said...

I like your 'purple' room too! Our home is done in shades of lavendar and green...very Mardis Gras looking in a way. With 'New Orleans' tile floors. (Both BR's and my families have roots in N.O.)

But when we were painting the living room, the paint went on the color of chewed-up grape bubble gum. We were freaking out! But then it dried to the color we wanted...whew!!

loonyhiker said...

I have my huge hot tub in my playroom. Does that count? I have tile floors in my kitchen and playroom which I love but in the winter they get reaaaalllly cold and when they get wet, they can be slick, so be careful!

Denise said...

I hear you about the shows you watch... disney 24/7 here. I want a big bath too, that is quiet. Can you build 'quiet' into a room?

Beachcomber said...

Your computer/craft room is coming along. Want to do mine? hehe I hear you on watching kiddie programs! I would love to have a tub I can a bubble bath in or soak in. I have a tub/shower combo.

Roses said...

I would pick the same bathroom as you. I lust for a place to sit that I don't have to wipe off first.

I'd love a bigger kitchen, but I just can't convince the husband to knock out a wall and rebuild it just three feet farther out.

I still like Ty on Extreme MakeOver: Home Edition. Oh yeah, and the improvements...

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good sis.

Anonymous said...

I'm a shower girl myself Tink. My bath has a big display of plants and toiletries on a board across it. But like you, I would love to have enough space in the bathroom to have a seat and some display shelves (rather than just the window sill).

Anonymous said...

Love the fresh airy look of your scrappin' space TInk. I've got to get more natural light into mine I think.