Monday, March 19, 2007

Motto"led" Tribulations

Mon 3/19 Blog Prompt: What would your motto would be for the place you're at in your life right now? Is it different than it would have been five years ago? 10? 20?

mot·to (n.) pl. mot·toes or mot·tos
1. A brief statement used to express a principle, goal, or ideal. A short, suggestive expression of a guiding principle.
2. A sentence, phrase, or word of appropriate character inscribed on or attached to an object.
3. A maxim adopted as a guide to one's conduct.
I guess my motto would be "every day you wake up is a day to be thankful for." For no matter how the day turns out (or begins for that matter), you have a chance to make a difference. Maybe not internationally or nationally, but within yourself. To become a better person.

I believe that is how I have felt for the last 5, 10, 20 years. At least that is how I have tried to live. Being married to Pan has made it a lot easier to live that way.

5 comments:

Beachcomber said...

That is a great motto to live by. Being a better person is good.

loonyhiker said...

I totally agree with you! I try to think of 5 things I'm thankful for each day and write it in my "blessings book" (but I don't always remember to do the writing!)

*love2scrap* said...

Something I need to remember, especially with Mr M pushing me to the edge of insanity!!!!! thanks for reminder, Tink! Sprinkle some fairy dust over this way :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you...I'm working on getting there.

Anonymous said...

Great motto Tink. And even better that you try to live up to it.