Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Five Minute Tribulations Times 2

Wed 3/21 Blog Prompt: Let's practice our descriptive writing skills. Write out, in detail, what you did for the last five minutes before you sat down at the computer. Now write a second paragraph about the same five minutes, but try to include even more details. Ambitious? Do it again, with more!

Five minutes ago I crawled out of bed; headed to the little library for a quick trip. Next I turned on my monitor. Finally I made a cup of green tea before starting this.

Five minutes ago, at the sound of Pan's truck leaving the drive, I cracked my eyes open to notice that my alarm was not going off anytime soon. Wrapping a pillow around my head I thought I might get back to sleep, but alas, that was not to be the case. Seconds later I was up and heading to the most private room in the house (unless you have toddlers) for a quick fresh-up. I am not going to regale you with a description of brushing my teeth. The next stop on this five minute journey was to my new arts and crafts/computer room to turn on the monitor and to find out that I had some 27 messages in my e-mail. Whoa.... Still before even looking at that I checked out the blog prompt and nearly decided to wait until later in the day, as I might have something more interesting to say. So off to the kitchen, where I filled my tink mug with filtered water from the fridge and emptied it into the Hot Shot turned it on. I put the mug under the Hot Shot after putting in some sugar (for the rush you know). Then I noticed that my tea strainer had not been emptied from when the Princess used it yesterday. So I had to empty that, and in doing so, I dumped wet green tea leaves all over the floor. Cleaned that up, washed the tea strainer and put in new green tea leaves. By then the water was finished boiling and I could pour it into the cup. Give it a stir and put in the tea strainer. Now I rush back to the computer room to start this blog while the tea steeps. Five minutes are done and so is my tea..... Until tomorrow.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are an amazing writer! I def need to expand my vocabulary. lol

loonyhiker said...

Great descriptive paragraph! I hope Princess used the tea strainer for tea... lol

Stephani said...

Holy Moly! Have you ever thought about writing a novel! This was AMAZING!

mom2triplets04 said...

Wow that 2nd paragraph was amazing. You certainly got a lot done in that 5 minutes. Love the part about you putting the pillow over your head and not wanting to get up. And of course the tea spilling on the floor that would be my morning for sure. Great job on your journaling.

Anonymous said...

Both describe the same five minutes, but there the similarity ends.

I was right there with you through that five minute journey Tink. Great stuff.