Friday, March 30, 2007

Birthday Party Tribulations

Friday 3/30 Blog Prompt: Describe one of your childhood birthdays. Compare it to your current birthday celebrations, what has stayed the same over time?

A childhood birthday, huh? I don't know if I remember that far back. I am presuming you mean between the ages of say.... 5 and 11. Not that I would remember any between the ages of 12 and 20 either. I do remember my birthday when I turned 16, yeah me.... I remember because a friend of my parents and his wife gave me a poster with 16 pennies, 16 nickels, 16 dimes, 16 quarters, 16 half dollars and 16 "silver" dollars attached to it. Then some of my friends took me to my favorite restaurant (there is a theme here....); I believe the name of it was Sakuro's and it was a teppan style Japanese restaurant on Guam.

My current birthdays are trips to (usually) my favorite restaurant. Yep you got it, a teppan style Japanese restaurant. I feel a rant coming on... I have the name right, it is teppan; not habachi. A habachi is a small grill; a teppan is a griddle. I know they both start with "g's" but that is as far as the similarities go. Most of the Japanese restaurants go with the flow and call them habachi.

What has stayed the same? Well I keep getting older each year don't I?

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Getting older sure beats the alternative!

Anonymous said...

And Older and Older!!!

Unknown said...

Keep it up Sis and I will call you in the middle of the night, the one night that tot decides to sleep.