Sunday, May 28, 2006

Trees and Tribulations

I took a gander over to ArtcMom's place this morning where she had written a piece about her son and a coffee table. It brought back memories of a similar nature. One about a son and a tree.

Scamp was out playing in the backyard when the friend he was with came running in ashen white and jabbering about a tree falling on Scamp. Then in came Scamp with blood pouring down his head, front, back and sides. Pan gathered him up and took him to the emergency room while I located the other two and then left to me him. Fortunately the damage was limited and he only had to have some stitches.

But you tell me how a tree just falls? It was a fairly healthy pine tree. It had not been cut in any way. And while it was not large by oak tree standards, it wasn't a sapling either. Anyway it is a reminder that live is short and accidents can happen in the most unusual way. Hug your kid today and keep them away from trees.

1 comment:

ArtcTrish said...

Oh! I am honored to be mentioned in someone else's blog! Did you ever figure out how the tree "just fell"? LOL! Matt is only 2 1/2 so I know there is a long road ahead!!!! Thanks for sharing!