Monday, May 22, 2006

Scents and Tribulations

DSP's blog prompt for this week is scents. More specifically a scent that reminds you of childhood or has a strong emotional connection to is. One thing I have discovered is, that it is very difficult to recall any scent when you have a cold and your nose is stopped up.

But I shall buck up and put my great (or not so) mind to it. I guess if I really think about it hard, it would have to be the scent of burning hair. Believe me that would bring back memories to anyone, especially if it is your hair that is on fire. I must be honest though and admit that someone else had to tell me it was on fire.

We (mom, dad, ddpup, vw and I, along with another family) had gone picnicing somewhere in northern California along this beautiful creek. The menfolk built a fire and we'um kids gathered around. Silly me had my back to it. Word of warning, if you have long hair and you are outdoors DO NOT put your back to a fire. Yep, my hair caught on fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Tink. It's looking good.

Anonymous said...

Burning hair... at least it wasn't green burning hair. GRIN