Saturday, May 20, 2006

Teenage Tribulations

Do you have a teenage daughter? Want to drive her insane? Then you have come to the right place for advice.

My daughter, bombshell, is now a mother herself , but once she was a teenage daughter. And they are loads of fun to have around if you know what to do. Case in point:

In my recollection she was about 14-15 years of age and I had to take her shopping for underwear. We are at a store in the mall, just browsing, when she spies a couple of cute boys coming our way. Desperately trying to make a good impression, she moves a bit away from me (hey what self-respecting teenager wants to be seen with their mother in the underwear section of a store.)

Well I am not just any mother, she found out to her embarassment. As they approached closer, I pulled out a pair of thong underwear and showed them to her. Shaking her head no, she tried to ease behind a display. Not to be thwarted, I very loudly said "But you always borrow mine."

3 comments:

Rave said...

I will have to come back often for advice! My Girlie is 13....

Good job on the thong thingy! :)

Unknown said...

Lucky you. She's getting to the perfect age.

Mrs_Who said...

LOL!!! I'll have to remember that...mine is only 11, but hitting the teens fast!