Monday, April 21, 2008

Haiku tribulations to you, too

Mon 4/21 Blog Prompt: April is National Poetry Month. Write a poem, link to a favorite poem or tell us why you can't stand poetry.

I really do love poetry, really... I just can't write it. Not easily anyhow. Haiku's are a bit more up my alley. So here is the one I came up when I picked up a pen to try and write a poem:

Do you know you can't
write a poem with a Wacom
pen in hand! You can't.

And now one from my favorite poet of all times, my son, Nuke

Deep in the sea of heights,
Millions of fish swimming,
Gathering all to form a school.
Some in groups,
Others in layers,
All are gathered.
In the school,
Deep in the school,
Fish are drying,
Falling to the bottom of the sea of heights.

A cloud.

Published in the 1993 AP English Literary Guild for his high school.

Template by Lorri's Scraps; Cute Stuff Daisies (c)Kathryn Estry; Fonts: LongIsland, Lucida Handwriting

2 comments:

Glynis said...

Great to see you back, Tink. And to answer your questions, I think the dinosaurs are the same since they were built in the '30s. And yes, I know that there is salmonella in cookie dough and decided I'm willing to take the risk :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love this, as poetry is one of my loves. :)