Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm so smart... I got out of bed

Baby Boy (c)Simply Scraps; Chalk Garden (c)Kristin Aagard; Courant d'air (c)Imagine by Fran

But it was a long time in the going. I don't think I have ever slept so long. It was long enough for me to be achy all over. But I have an excuse. The Princess had been over the last couple of days and she wants to learn out to cook. Excuse me, she wants to learn how to "bake". Cookies, cakes, that sort of thing, so she wasn't to thrilled when I had her make dinner. Of course, it was only spaghetti, but you do need to know how to brown hamburger, right?

After dinner we made double chocolate cupcakes. A recipe I found in an old Cooking Light magazine. As she was chopping up the unsweet chocolate bar, she decided to pop a chunk in her mouth. After she finished spitting, gargling and drinking everything in sight, I asked her what part of "unsweet" did she not understand. Fortunately for her, she took my word on it that the cocoa was also unsweet. The cupcakes turned out great and we each had one. The rest she took with her when she left for her dad's. Now I have to get up the energy to clean up the mess. That is the next lesson on the agenda. :)

No comments: