Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ode to a Class

Thu, Sep 3 Blog Prompt: What was your favorite class?

It would probably be better to ask what was my least favorite class as to which was my favorite, because I loved them all. But if I had to chose it was probably algebra. Not the subject, I adore math. The instructor kept insisting I was cheating and copying off my friend Beck's papers. I wasn't but there was no way to prove it, just as she couldn't prove that I was. It made for a stressful hour each day.

High school was a great time for me. I had some of the most amazing teachers. My history teacher had short, curly red hair and wore jeans and t-shirts to class. She would sit on her desk to give the lessons and just drew you in. Both of my science teachers were fantastic and came up with some pretty amazing experiments for us to try. I had the same teacher for Latin and English. And I can't say enough about her. I was really fortunate and happy that I had the chance to learn from all of them. Even the algebra teacher.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I'm the same way. I loved almost all of my classes and definitely remember my favorite teachers. I may have to make the time to blog about this. Thanks for the prompts!

loonyhiker said...

I was the same too! I loved learning!