Monday, September 28, 2009

How Neighborly

Mon 9/28 Blog Prompt: Today is “Good Neighbor Day.” Make a list of everything you can do to be a good neighbor for those who live around you.

#1 would be to actually meet my neighbors. Okay, so I do know them. But only because the Princess and Indy were friends with their children.

#2 be a little more sociable when I see them. Maybe wave or smile. I do that to the people who are jogging, walking their children or dogs; but don't ever seem to catch myself doing it for my next door neighbors. Possibly because when we are out, both parties are preoccupied. Them with taking kids to school, me trying to get to work before the road gets to congested with school and DOD traffic.

#3 offer to keep an eye on their homes while they are not there. (I normally do this but guess it would be nice to let them know, huh?)

I'm sure more will come up as I think about it. Maybe I'll even get around to posting the additions. But don't count on it.

This past couple of weeks I have been working on a sweater for the Princess and finally got it finished. I have never made a cardigan before so was somewhat pleased with how it turned out. Still have a lot to learn though. Just hopes she likes it enough to actually wear it when I get it up to her.

2 comments:

vw bug said...

That is a gorgeous sweater! WOW.

loonyhiker said...

I would love to be your neighbor! I like neighbors who don't hover and think they have to be a part of your life every minute. I feel smothered by these kind of people and tend to shy away from them. You would be a perfect neighbor - the kind that I know would be there if I needed you. I also love the sweater! You did a great job!