Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Son

Tue 9/29 Blog Prompt: On September 29, 1789, the U.S. Congress passed an act that officially established the U.S. Military. What would you write in a letter to a serviceman or servicewoman who is currently serving our country overseas.

I can't tell you exactly how proud I am of you. Of your choose to serve our country. To put your life on the line so that your sister, wife, brother, nieces and nephews can grow up with freedom.

I worry. About the danger you must face. The choices you must make and then live with. No one can carry those for you but I wish I could.

Thank you for being a perfect son, a perfect person and a perfect citizen.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

That was really sweet! (I too thank your son for everything he has done for us! And thank you and all the families of the ones who do this for us!)