Monday, August 10, 2009

More than Useful

Mon Aug. 10 - Blog Prompt: Is there something in your home that you use for something other than what you are suppose to use it for?

I thought this was going to be pretty easy, but as I wandered through the house, it became clear fairly quick that I use things just about the way they are suppose to be used.

I have an old kitchen shelf from years ago that we use as a bookshelf. We now have it turned on its side and will be adding shelves that way and then painting it to use as a shelf for our dvds. I use doobie scrubbers to clean vegetables, although they are for cleaning pots and pans. And right now that is all I can think of.

Today, though, there is a lot on my mind which may prevent me from being more creative. I have a gyn appointment this afternoon that I am not looking forward to. The kids started their first day of school up in NC. I told them Pan and I would call this evening to see how it went. They are suppose to get their internet access hooked up this week so then we will be able to contact them through skype's video calls.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I had to ask hubby for help on this one because I couldn't think of one. Then he looked at me like I was crazy because apparently I don't use things the way they should be used. He came up with a whole list for me. LOL

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

LOL! On the fly, I also use my pot and pan scrubber to clean our veggies! Hmmmm ... Oh, oh, OOOOOHHHH ... I just did this during my LATE spring cleaning last week - I am using a 70's hutch that belonged to Robert's baby brother before he and his wife gave it to their parents and I have turned it into a FAMILY photo gallery! Nothing BUT framed photos in it and I just LOVE turning the light on at night to see our loved ones! Oh, OOOPS, I was not totally truthful, there is ONE trophy in there which I intentionally displayed while my daughter was here visiting with her new hubby for the first time this past weekend!