Thursday, January 29, 2009

End of Year Tribulations

I have been doing accounting/bookkeeping for our hometown newspaper for nigh on 14 years. That's a long time by any standards, only to be told last Tuesday I had been doing it wrong this last year. (bou blink) What changed? Certainly not me. Things have been a little stressful at home and this just about put me over the edge. I was ready to chuck it all, stay at home, play Sid Meier's Civilization and nuke all the other countries when they annoyed me.

Fortunately for me, I did not take that course of action. The boss and I came to an understanding. And with a few suggestions from him and a couple from me, this next year the accounting is going to be a snap. I feel better. Much :)

Now if I can just find those dang felt pads for automatic numbering machines. If you know where to get them, let me know.... (and this is probably why the boss and I do get along)... he was considering just buying another one if we couldn't replace the pads. I told him it wasn't worth it, as a package of the pads only cost about 5 dollars when we bought the a couple of years ago; while the auto # machines run between $40 and $80. I'm cheap, LOL. That's why he keeps me on.... :)


Brenda Miller (template); DigiDiva (Homemade Memories); Font: Summertime

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm sorry but I think they could have told you some time sooner in the past 14 years! That sounds ridiculous! I'm glad you got it all worked out and hope things will be easier and better for you!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to blur my kids' faces. ;-) Great pages!