Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oh Lasagna

Taking a break from scrapping. This is the lasagna I made last week before leaving for Atlanta. All my mom's idea. And a brilliant one too. We have all thought about. I'm sure you have. Why waste all that time and money are frozen dinners when you can make your own. Made the meat sauce one night. Put is together and baked it the next day. Once it had a serious cool down in the fridge, it was time to cut, wrap and freeze. Once solid, into a large food saver bag they went. Now when I get a hankering for some good Italian cooking, I'll pull one of these babies out. Nuke it, then serve with a super-large salad and a glass of good wine. Now I just have to think of something else to prepare ahead of time and freeze. And when I do break down and buy those frozen dinners, maybe I should save the containers to fill with my own food.

No comments: