Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishes for a ... Museum?

Tues 10/20 Blog Prompt: You bump into a genie and she offers to grant you three wishes. What are your wishes and why?

As I sit here and ponder, the first thing that pops up is peace in the world, the end of starvation and for each man, woman and child to be happy. But don't the majority of us already wish for this? Aren't we striving to become this world?

On a more personal note (and I really had to think on it), I wish my babies were back home. Then I have to stop and wonder if this is what I really want. Yes and no. I miss them terribly, yet I realize moving was best for them and probably for me too. Though not a day has gone by when I see something I want to tell them or show them. The ache doesn't get any duller, I have just gotten better at dealing with it.

I would wish all the happiness in the world for my children. They deserve it. They should have it.

And I would wish for the gumption to get off my duff and buy the paint and paint the house instead of just staring at the walls and saying I'm going to do it. LOL.

Wed 10/21 Blog Prompt: On this day in 1959, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art opened in New York City. Describe a time that you have been to a museum.

The last museum Pan and I went to was in Hawaii. On the day we left we spent the morning at the Bishop Museum.

"Charles Reed Bishop, a Hawaiian philanthropist and co-founder of Kamehameha Schools and First Hawaiian Bank, built the museum in memory of his late wife, Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop. She was the last legal heir of the Kamehameha Dynasty, which ruled the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi between 1810 and 1872" ~Wikipedia
It also houses a fabulous science museum and a planetarium. Both of which Pan, Scamp, Honey, Ballerina and I strolled through at our leisure. It was a wonderful way to end a wonderful vacation. I loved seeing all the artifacts and the gorgeous feather robes. The science museum had a simulated volcano that you could walk through and see from above. But the planetarium had to have been my favorite. You knew that though, didn't you? :)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OH Tink, I hurt like you do too for your children. I hate that I am so far from my son, but our lives must go on. And I treasure the times we are together.

I loved the places my mom would take us when we lived in Hawaii. I remember them all too.

loonyhiker said...

I know it must be hard to be away from your kids but remember that you have done a great job if they are independent and able to succeed even if you aren't close to them. For some reason I knew that you would go to a science museum!