Monday, January 03, 2011

Release

Earlier I was reading Simply Yin and she had a link to Ali Edward's post One Little Word. Each year Ali picks a word and here is what she has to say about it:

And what do you do with this one little word?

You live with it. You invite it into you life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads. There are so many possibilities.

I chose the word "release". I didn't even have to think long on it. As I was reading Yin's post, it just popped in my head.

And it is an appropriate word. This year I want to release (as in 'let go of') my frustrations, anger and pettiness, finding a new direction for them. Put them to good use if I must partake in them.

1 comment:

Harvey said...

I think you've chosen a very useful word.

Personally, I prefer the phrase "let it go", just for the linguistic rhythm of it, but it functions the same.