Saturday, January 15, 2011

Project 365 Week 2

Day 8

While trying to find a place to put a Christmas tray, I found this tea set I bought for the Princess when she was about 4 years old. Made of china porcelain the cup measures about 1" high.

Day 9

Home project for 2011. Remove the popcorn texture from the ceiling.

Day 10

Japanese tea sets play a big part in my life. This one is a set my father brought back from Japan when I was just a little girl. The handle is broken off and one of the cups is shattered, still, I don't have the heart to toss it.

Day 11

When the handle broke off the previous teapot, I went in search of a new one. I bought this from a local Japanese store. Several years later the paint on the inside started peeling off and since the pot was made of lead, it no longer can be used for serving tea. I keep it around as a reminder of what to look for when purchasing pots.

Day 12

The orient seems to have played a big part of my life. I have numerous knick knacks that we have picked up over the years including this tiny cork sculpture.

Day 13

The 3D movies seem to be coming out in droves now. I remember when we bought the television, the only movie we could watch for months was "Monsters vs. Aliens". Now there are several documentaries and a lot more movies.

Day 14

According to Pan, New Year's Day constitutes a holiday and although late, he bought me a mini-notebook of my own.

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

Great pics, I love the chinese tea set :)