Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oh what a wonderful feeling

after spending the afternoon, evening, night and morning with our parents. We got over around noon. Pan went over to his folks, my sister came by to mom's and the three of us headed to Hallmark for the Star Trek Enterprise ornament. Then I found a Dr. Suess one for Indy; a tree ornament decorated with shoes for my daughter; 2 Star Wars ornaments from years past at 60% off; a witch's costume for my wine bottle, but could not find an ornament for the Princess yet. We have plenty of time.

When we got back the sis, showed me some apps I had to download. A wine app and a grocery app that allows you to scan in the bar codes for making a list. I can store my favorite wines in the wine app; but I love the grocery iq. With it I can make a list of things I'm running low on and then when I head the grocery store, I have it right there. Very cool.

My absolute favorite is the google sky map. Start the app; point it and it will show you which stars, planets, constellations you are aimed at. If you are looking for a particular one, it has a search and then you just follow the arrow until you locate it (it tells you when you have found it, actually it prints it at the bottom of the screen.

We took the folks to Olive Garden for dinner and, oh boy, did we have a good time. Good food, good wine and excellent company. Lots of laughing and lighthearted teasing. By the time we started home the weather turned bad. We got Pan's parents home safely but once we got to mom's the heavens opened up and we got soaked headed to the house. Still lots of laughter.

Once we got in and changed I noticed I had missed a call from Nuke. It wasn't all that late so I called him back and he put his girlfriend on the phone. It was her responsibility to tell me that he had popped the question. I am so excited for both of them. They are both big into the renaissance re-enactments so they are going for a Viking wedding. Ought to be interesting. Though he won't let me wear one of the helmets with the horns. :(

I'm going to have to start working harder to lose weight so I can wear one of those bustiers like the opera singers wear. That's allowed, just no helmet with horns. Pan will be wearing chaimmail. Said he was going to have to start practicing carrying around an additional 30 pounds.

It's been a great weekend.

No comments: