Friday, September 24, 2010

I just am

I took Pan to dinner last night. We trade off like that from time to time. He takes me out to be romantic; I take him out because either 1) I don't want to cook, 2) I didn't want to go grocery shopping. Yesterday it was the latter. First though we were going to head to PetSmart to get some litter.

After waiting in line several minutes to get across the bridge, we figured that there must have been an accident (oh, darn, I forgot to call the office today to find out what really did happen) and as soon as we could, turned around and headed to the restaurant.

Walked to the a cheery voice asking if we wanted full service or self serve. Huh? Self serve, we fill out the menu, turn it into the kitchen and get our own drinks. Interesting. But we wanted a beer with our dinner and I don't think that's included in getting our own drinks. Besides we went to a "restaurant" to be served, right? Service was not what I would call great with their full service, but not bad either. Just not what we were used to.

But anyway, to where this is leading. As we were sitting there eating our pizzas and drinking our beer, Pan pipes (ho ho ho, that's a good one) with:

"I'm not going to work tomorrow."
Me: Oh, have you told anyone at work? (I assumed he was joking)
Pan: No.
Me: Why not?
Pan: I just now decided it.
Me: Oh

He deserves it, really. He has been traveling a lot lately. Last week was South Carolina, before that Carson City, Nevada, and next week Las Vegas. He has worked most weekends and even through Labor Day. I think he just wanted to make sure we still had a house. And I won't complain as he got some much needed yard work done and tonight he's treating me to dinner out. Can't get better than that.

No comments: