Friday, January 08, 2010

A Week of Blog Prompts

Fri 1/1 Blog Prompt: What traditions do you follow for the new year? Do you eat special things or do special activities?

A toast of champagne at midnight and red beans & rice some time during the new year day. This year we managed the toast but I forgot to get the red beans and rice as there were two other things occupying my time most pleasantly. But next year red beans and rice will be on the menu.


Mon 1/4 Blog Prompt: Today is Trivia Day. Please share a tidbit of trivia that you think no one else knows.

This is a toughie as I am sure whatever trivia I know, most others know as well. And dern it all, we just played a trivia game last night. And why is it that I can spout out useless trivia at any time except when asked? I tell you. One that is well know within the Star Trek world but maybe not amongst others is the appearance of R2D2 in the new Star Trek movie. Look quick though or you will miss him. I think he has a two minute appearance.


Tues 1/5 Blog Prompt: Today is National Bird Day. What native wild birds are flying around your area and which ones are your favorites?

Seagulls and I don't have an affinity for those nasty things at all. Then you get the snowbirds here who think they have to feed them. So they are constantly screaming and diving at you.

I like the little sea terns though. They leave the cutest impressions on the beach as they run around looking for tidbits that are brought up as the waves crash. Pelicans are pretty cool too, if you get a chance to see them flying close overhead.


Wed 1/6 Blog Prompt: January is National Soup Month. What is your favorite soup and why?

Campbell's Tomato soup made with milk. Loved it since I was a kid. And then I love homemade vegetable soup with cabbage in it. Wait to the last few minutes to add the cabbage so that it only wilts slightly and doesn't overpower the soup. Yummmmy. I think I will head to the store this weekend to get the fixings for homemade vegetable soup (which I make with chicken stock, so does that negate the vegetable part?)


Thurs 1/7 Blog Prompt: Tomorrow is Bubble Bath Day. Do you like bubble baths? If so, what is your favorite kind? If not, why?

Oh sure I like bubble baths. I just tend to take showers because they are suppose to be better for you. It doesn't matter which bubble stuff I use as long as there is a glass of wine, tons of candles and my darling hubby with me as I soak and relax.


Fri 1/8 Blog Prompt: Today is Elvis’s birthday. What is your favorite Elvis song and what memories does it bring back?

Happy Birthday Elvis. Wish you were still here. My favorite all-time song by Elvis has to be "Blue Suede Shoes." I actually owned a pair of blue suede shoes when I was in high school. Loved those things. They were so soft and every time I hear the song, those shoes come to mind.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

*I've never had red beans and rice but may need to try it.
*Now I will be watching for R2D2. LOL I love hearing about the different birds we all have.
*I love soups so your sounded great too.
*Hope you find time (I don't see how) to enjoy a bubble bath when you want it.
*Now I'll be humming Blue Suede Shoes all day!