Monday, February 04, 2008

Standing Tribulations

Mon 2/4 Blog Prompt: Rosa Park’s birthday. She is the one during who refused to sit in the back of the bus just because of her race. Have you ever stood up for something you felt was right? Or do you know someone who has? Tell about this.

I'm going to be very vague and say yes I have. And although I have appeared on a PBS show about it and worked with various groups, I still don't feel comfortable discussing it here. Does that make any sense at all? Probably not. But if you know me, you will already be aware and you will know that I took a stand because no one else would and then when I found out a child was involved, it just confirmed my stance. It was also one of the factors that led to my divorce of my first husband. That was a good thing. So I'm going to leave it that, if you don't mind too much.

A big thank you to my sister, the bug, for allowing me to use her wedding and honeymoon photos this month for my layouts. Of course, she gets the full, finished versions, LOL.


Vintage Valentine kit (c)
Derek M.Designs; Sketch by Becky Fleck; Fonts: American Scribe, AtelierSans

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Even though I don't know the circumstances, if you stood up for what was right, I know that it was the right thing. Even though I'm sorry it cost you in the way of your marriage, I'm glad there are people like you in this world!

Tammy said...

I love it when people stand up for themselves when they know the situation is wrong. Good for you girl.

Sandra said...

Beautiful layout of your sister's honeymoon. I'm sure she'll love it.

Sounds like your stand came at a great price, but one you were quite willing to pay. I also respect your stand on keeping it private.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I can't believe you lived on Beale Air Force Base too! I was born in Marysville, that where my "baby pic" for the Heritage Album challenge is from, then we moved onto Beale before I was two, for the next five years. After that Dad retired from Strategic Air Command and we went to my mother's birthplace - Australia.

DSP member Lauri is posted there right now. I did Kindergarten and Grade one there, at Lone Tree school.

I'm enjoying following your blog. :)