Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Monday to Wednesday Prompts & Tribulations

Mon 2/11 Blog Prompt: Feb. 10 was Umbrella Day. Do you use an umbrella? If so, describe your favorite umbrella. (Is it a plain one or a fancy one? What design does it have?)

I don't usually use one, but I do keep on in the truck, just in case. It is a very plain black and white striped umbrella with a wood handle for holding on to. The Princess uses one all the time, so I have handy supply of Disney Princess ones around and one umbrella with the little Japanese frog that was so popular years ago. That one belonged to Bombshell, but the Princess confiscated it from her.

Tues 2/12 Blog Prompt: Today is Lincoln’s birthday and he was known as “Honest Abe.” How do you feel about honesty? Is there ever a time it is alright not to be honest?

I feel very strongly about being honest, but I do believe there are times when a little white lie may be okay or even necessary. I have, at times, when I felt it was necessary, told the little white lie to spare the feelings of the person to whom I was talking. And I guess what I mean by a white lie is to distort the truth so that it won't hurt feelings. Like when someone who is extremely proud of their clothes or hair and I think it is hideous. That is a personal opinion in my way of thinking and by telling your friend what you consider to be the truth is just as bad as being mean. So I bite my tongue and tell them how well it accentuates their eyes, their coloring, their shape or even their shoes.

Wed 2/13 Blog Prompt: Today is Get a Different Name Day. If you could have a different name, what would you want?

Honestly, I don't want a different name. I like my name just the the way it is. Especially when I was going up and looked it up. It meant Pure Born Again Peace. Who couldn't love a name like that?


Vintage Valentine kit (c)Derek M.Designs; Template by Simply Sarah; Fonts: Calibri, Edwardian Script

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Great answers! Okay, I want a picture of the Japanese frog umbrella now! You are right, we are so much alike! I hope someday we meet in person!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the scrapbook page!!!

Anonymous said...

happy VD!