Saturday, February 09, 2008

APOD #5

I'm really losing it here, LOL. No blogging this week and I can't account for what I may have actually accomplished. Not much apparently. Next week will be better.... Right? Anyway here are my pictures for this week. I have been trying to practice using available light. In my house there is not much in the way of "available" light. Just this one window. Really is a bummer since I have very long windows (from a 1 1/2 feet below the ceiling to 6" above the floor, but none are situated to really grab the light.

February 2: I need to start restocking again. But as you can probably tell I prefer red wine over white.

February 3: Even though I don't drink martini's this set belonged go my grandfather and I am pleased that I have it.

February 4: Wine glasses that have been given to me as presents over the years. The red and white wine glasses are from my darling daughter; the long stem white wine glass is Romanian crystal and was a gift from a very dear friend.

February 5: Ever wonder what to do with those flower vases and unique gifts you get? So did I until I realized that the vases make a very pretty candle holder with glass ice cubes, as does the oversized brandy snifter. The crystal pitcher houses glass dolphin stirrers we got at a TGIF in Orlando several years ago.

February 6: A diary of sorts, Indian ink with quill and a very precious glass mold of the Ballerina's hand when she was just a baby. This "diary" houses my thoughts and memories for Scamp. But I have one for each of the children. Now if I could just remember to write in them more often than I do.

February 7: Not bone china but stoneware in an exact replica of the china used in Star Trek the Undiscovered Country. Shortly after buying this piece, it was discontinued so we are not able to set a whole table with it.

February 8: Lovely reminders of the Far East. The fan and the chopsticks are treasured gifts from our daughter-in-laws parents. (the chopsticks came with instructions on how to use them and are marked as well). The art is a piece of cork that has been carved and incased in glass.

3 comments:

Beachcomber said...

Great photos with interesting items. I like the narrative for each. Well done. :)

Mrs. Who said...

Love the Star Trek plates!

Glynis said...

Great photos, Tink...and I love the Star Trek china. How fun!