Sunday, November 18, 2012

Things to remember

Was talking to Nuke and Milady last week. Milady had been commenting on the fact that Nuke doesn't really laugh. You know the kind. The ones that make your chest hurt and can be heard everywhere. I had spent some time explaining that unfortunately he takes after me. We can find a lot of things amusing and will even smile about a lot. But, it takes something extraordinary to shake a good laugh out of us. One should never open one's mouth when they have a story to tell.
 
After talking with Milady, Nuke got back on the phone and I suddenly remembered the conversation I had with mom just a few days before. It goes something like this (I'm paraphrasing):
 
"So mom, I hear you don't have cable, Internet or home phone right now."
 
"Yes. I remember when I enjoyed the silence. Not so much anymore. I don't want to sit around and read because I'll go to sleep too early."
 
"Why don't you watch one of your DVDs?"
 
"I can do that?"
 
"Well, yeah!"
 
Needless to say when I relayed this conversation to Nuke, I swear he must have bust a rib he was laughing so hard. And I guess it's really hard to be believed when this kind of thing happens. I'm in so much trouble.

1 comment:

wRitErsbLock said...

it really bothers people that I'm not a laugher either.