Saturday, February 19, 2011

Project 365 Week 7

Day 43

The macro project this week was something unexpected (although it could be stages???). What was unexpected was in searching further into my china cabinet I came across these hand-blown glass cocktail stirrers that came with drinks we had ordered at a TGIF's in Orlando about 10 years ago.

Day 44

Gotta Pixel's Project 52 this week was Still Life with food. How fortuitous that I was having a master chef salad on the very same day. Leftover roast, steamed asparagus, hard boiled egg, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes and fresh, water packed mozzarella cheese. Doesn't get any better than this.

Day 45

Our oldest is celebrating his wedding next week with a recreation Viking ceremony. As mother of the groom, I couldn't just wear any old thing and spent the better part of the last couple of weeks making the underdress and apron dress.

Day 46

This is another one of my cork sculptures, but the protective shell had gotten broken. It is another hidden treasure in the china cabinet.

Day 47

Down below in the cabinet is a fish bowl (we bought it for the purpose of recreating Quark's Warp Core Breach drink that we had at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas several years ago). Now it is a catch all for a number of things. Can you figure out what everything is?

Day 48

On the shelf below the fish bowl is our holiday wear. Champagne glasses being held by skeletal hands, hot chocolate mugs, coffee cups along with salt & pepper shakers for Christmas.

Day 49

A wedding souvenir - rice tray with our champagne glasses, my and my daughter's fan bouquets, souvenir marriage certificate, wedding announcement/invitation and my headpiece. Now that I have a new chest of drawers, maybe I should hang it above it in the bedroom.

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

do you make or just collect those cork sculptures? very cool.