Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh what a week!

It appears that I need a vacation from my vacation. Ever so tired, going to bed at 9 p.m. and not even wanting to get up at 7. Ugh. I was hoping that once I started on the thyroid medication that I would start feeling a little more perky. Guess this is going to be a long term wait. Better that than overdoing it to begin with.

Pan's truck bit the dust and I had to drive forever to go get him. I was really hoping my truck was going to be paid off this year so we could get him a new vehicle. But looks like it will be next year. He so needs one. Though I told him that if he got a new model, then next truck I get will be brand new too. Only fair don't you think?

Friday night he played with one of his new toys. He had gotten his super duper professional portable bubble machine (there is one bigger but it is not portable). He filled the house and the cat's water bowl with bubbles. The cat, who I thought would be running all over after them, went and hid under the bed.

Last night he brought out his new zombie. It lays on the ground and has a foot control to make it rise. Makes a lot of noise too, LOL. I later found the cat on the bottom bed of the bunk under the covers cowering. He's such a wimp.

But it looks like this Halloween is going to be full of new toys (although not animated, I bought Pan a gravestone with a skeleton crawling over it, covered in spiders) and surprises. Only thing missing is that the children won't be coming down this year. Maybe next. Or maybe I can talk Nuke and his fiance to coming down. That would be so much fun.

I've got to get to work on getting the inside of the house ready as I'm hoping some of our friends can make it over for wine and bloody mary's while Pan is handing out the candy. Then I can get them to do the death voice over, so I don't have to.

But if you can't wait to see what we are doing this year, you can always check in periodically on the Insights of 2 Scrappy Sisters blog where I will be posting scrapbook pages of last Halloween (at last count it was going to be 11 pages long and no they won't all be posted at the same time) throughout the month.


1 comment:

Beachcomber said...

Aww Tink sorry you aren't better yet with your new thyroid meds. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe your Doc needs to adjust the dosage of the meds?

Why do cars always bite the dust before you pay off ones other cars? I think next time you should get the new model.

That is too funny with the cat hiding from the bubble machine.

Can't wait to see pics of this year's halloween decorations. I haven't put up my halloween decorations yet.