Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Earl of Sandwich

Tue 11/3 Blog Prompt - Today is the birthday of John Montague, the creator of the sandwich. Describe in great detail your favorite sandwich.

I'm not much of a sandwich eater. And it depends on the season, the time of day but mostly on what's available. I love BLTs without the L. Just toasted bread with thick slices of B and thicker slices of T. Oh, can't forget the salt or the mayo. Then take a huge bit making sure a napkin is handy when the juices start flowing down the chin (though they usually end up on my shirt anyway).

Sometimes I get a craving for fried egg sandwiches. Usually I will toss some cheddar on it for variety and always plenty of salt.

If we have left over roast or steak, a quick turn in the microwave will do the trick. Load it on it a sandwich roll which has been lathered with mayo and don't forget the salt.

See a theme emerging here? :)

4 comments:

Glynis said...

We eat a lot of BLTs (sans 'L') as well. I'm not even sure my kids know what the L stands for :)

Glynis said...

Oh, and I love the new blog look!

Tammy said...

There is nothing better than a Fried Egg sandwich. We love them.

loonyhiker said...

At least I know that if we ever visit, we won't need to have sandwiches. I'm in favor of a steak! I'm not a big bread eater though. Hubby gets embarrassed when we get a breakfast biscuit and I eat the meat but leave the biscuit!