Saturday, February 16, 2013

A good start to the day

     They say a good breakfast is the only way to start the day. And I love the pancake recipe that I got from a Diabetic Living magazine. Even the grands love them. It normally calls for bananas and blueberries to be mixed with sugar free maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon, but I ran out of bananas and used nectarines instead. Still very good. Then add a glass of low-fat milk and a cup of coffee (my only descent into real sugar and cream), along with a good book, and the day is starting to look pretty good.
    Since there is usually only me here to eat the pancakes, I cook them all up and the extras (after cooling) are wrapped in a paper towel, placed in a ziplock bag and refridgerated. Then each morning I heat the oven to 350 degrees, put two pancakes on a baking sheet and heat for 8-10 minutes. Perfection.

No comments: