Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Start of a Whole New Tribulation

Ever had one of those days? One where everything seems just a little off? That is my day today. It actually started several months ago. You see, I have a problem with night terrors. And lately they have just been hanging on and on and on. I wish they would take time to visit the energizer bunny and just leave me alone. Alas, it does not appear that will be the case.

But back to today. My alarm goes off at 7 a.m. and wakes me, somewhat, out of the current episode. Sort of.... I recall looking at the clock and seeing that it said it was Monday. So I shut the clock off and drift back to sleep. One and a half hours later I really wake up, turn on the television, figuring on just lazing back and letting my mind become calm and in control when I take another look at the clock and it is Tuesday. Panic once again sets in when I realize I have to get to work.

There really is no need to panic as I don't have a set time schedule. Just make sure I get my work done. That's it. But still I try to keep to a schedule. Into work I rush and my in-tray is stacked 12 inches high with stuff to do. And this is not including the postal paperwork to be completed, the files I need out of the boss' office, nor the deposits and tickets to be entered. Panic again.....

I call Pan to ask him to pick up Indy (he's such a sweetheart). I, finally, get out of the office a little after 3 and have to rush to pick up The Princess from school, after which I need to make a deposit at the bank. We get home a little after 4.

She's checking her e-mail, I'm checking my e-mail. Pan calls to say he's leaving work. Thirty minutes later Bombshell walks in to get The Princess. I tell her she will have to wait on Indy as Pan was picking him up. Not so, she already did. Panic sets in.... I call Pan to tell him and he already knows. He's at the daycare. Aaarrrggghhhh.

So far, my day is not going so well. But Pan finally makes it home (and do I wish my scanner worked right now) and hands me a large envelope from my daughter-in-law. Opening it, wondering what it could possibly, I start to smile. My day has just gotten better. You see, Scamp and Honey put The Ballerina through modeling classes and Honey just sent me the last three issues of a Japanese tourist magazines in which my little Ballerina makes a debut. I'm so excited and she looks so grown-up.

I just know tomorrow is going to be better. And I'm going to catch up on the blog prompts then too. :)

Vintage Valentine kit (c)Derek M.Designs; Sketch by Becky Fleck; Fonts: American Scribe, AtelierSans

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Sorry you had a bad day but I'm glad it ended on a good note!

Mrs. Who said...

I'm sorry to hear about your night terrors. Can meds help with that?
But I'm glad your day ended on a brighter note.

Anonymous said...

hugs to you, my friend