Saturday, February 09, 2008

Blog Prompts & Tribulations

Been one of those weeks, but here, finally is are the answered blog prompts.

Tues 2/5 Blog Prompt: Today is National Weatherperson's Day. Describe your day as if you were a weatherperson using weather words.

Since I missed this tuesday....

Today is sunny and clear with a high of 72 and low of 40. Wind is at 3 mph and humidity is at 72%. We are currently under a Fire Weather watch. The weather will remain sunny and clear until Tuesday when we can expect some thunderstorms.

Wed 2/6 Blog Prompt: Today is Pay a Compliment Day. Who would you compliment today and why?

My husband, my kids, my family..... They are all smart, nice, considerate and charming. It is fun to be with them. It's nice to have someone to talk with, listen to and just be silent around. They are the best.

Thurs 2/7 Blog Prompt: Today is Greet Your Neighbor Day. Describe your neighbors.

It's a good thing I didn't write about this on Thursday, I would have been railing.

I don't know the neighbors to the east of us, but the ones to the west. Well it is just best said, I wish the old ones were back. They are not bad people, mind you. But he always finds fault in everything. First our pine tree was dripping sap on his car. We take the pine tree down and his car is repossessed. Next we were putting cork flooring in the bedroom. The bed was to be delivered the next day and we wanted to get it finished. 9 p.m., he pounds on the door to say we are keeping his children awake. They sleep on the other side of the house away from ours and it is the middle of summer AND a weekend to boot. Actually we were just disturbing his television show. Thursday he came over to say we needed to do something with our sprinkler, it was leaving spots on 'his' (mind... his wife's) car. So park it on the other side of the drive and let his beat up old truck get wet. His wife doesn't keep up with the kids and when she wants them home stands out in the road whistling for them.... for 15 minutes. She won't speak with me, but feels it is her duty to keep Pan entertained when he is working in the front yard.

Okay, I railed anyway. But it sure felt good. On a good note, I had to walk aside a moment and guess how I saw.... The neighbor who use to live next door. They have moved in down the street. I'm glad L & S are back.

Fri 2/8 Blog Prompt: This month is Potato Lover’s Month. Describe your favorite way of cooking potatoes.

Potato salad... Hot German potato salad, cold southern potato salad. Potato salad with apple in it is my all time favorite. But I like it with kosher dill or sweet pickles. I like it with sandwiches, chicken or even, gasp, steak.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

You are a better neighbor than me. I would NOT have cut down the pine tree and the as for the 9pm thing, I would have listened and said oh, and continued. And I would love your recipe for the German potato salad! (Do you think I could make it or is it too hard for a non-cook?)