Saturday, February 02, 2008

APOD #4

Wow. Four weeks of photos already. This week is again about things I treasure. Enjoy.

January 26 - Laying Sod. It was a miserable day out but the sod had to be laid. Pan had bought it just a few days ago. His best friend came over to help. Not wanting to be left out, Indy insisted on helping out as well. Since his mother did not bring any shoes over, we had to locate some socks and his crocs to wear. Pan gave him a pair of leather gloves 100 times to large, but Indy really enjoyed himself. After we went in and changed he crawled up in the bed and zonked out.

January 27 - One of the blog prompts the following week was about an article of clothing we just couldn't throw away. I wrote my prompt about my Greeneville t-shirt which I was still wearing while it was becoming shredded. There was a comment about how someone would like to see said shirt.... Well here it is. :)

January 28 - My children have long grown and left home. Still I hold on to things they had made in school. At least these are really useful. The candleholder is great for holding those huge pillar candles we like to have around when there is a hurricane on the horizon. The jars hold anything from notes to coins. I am exceptionally fond of these three pieces though.

January 29 - One of last week's pictures was a painting Pan's grandmother had done. Today is a sand dollar she had painted. I just love it. ddpup had a friend who had handpainted sand dollars for the kids when they were younger. She strung them with ribbon for the Christmas tree.

January 30 - Back when I was doing all of my scrapbooking with paper and scissors instead of the computer, I use to attend all kinds of classes. One of which was with the owners of Scrapbook Borders, where I received a limited edition bear. I think they had planned on doing them annually but shortly after Scrapbook Borders was sold. As far as I know the new owners did not continue with the bears, if that is the case, then this is definitely a limited edition.

January 31 - Remember the plastic mold kits that you can buy to preserve those hands and feet? Well this isn't a plastic mold but it is a hand painting, LOL (I just crack me up sometimes). It is of The Ballerina's the night before she left last May. I keep it in my computer room so that I can always see and and remember how little she was. I think she will be pretty grown up by the next time I see her.

February 1 - We have seen paintings by Pan's grandmother, ceramics by my kids, handpainting by the Ballerina, but this Nuke's first oil painting. It is of his first car. He went on to major in and receive his degree in art when he went to college. Funny, now he works in a nuclear power plant. But that is another story.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can totally relate to you on not being able to throw out the shirt. I, too, have a shirt that has seen better days, but I can't throw it out.

loonyhiker said...

Glad I got to see the Greeneville tshirt! Great photos!

Mrs. Who said...

Nuke is really talented. He can paint AND understand nuclear power. Quite a boy you have there!