Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Cooking and Gifts I Need Tribulations

Weekend Blogging 12/2 - 12/3:
Part one from Ordinary Days - I'm spending the weekend making Christmas treats. I'll share a recipe or two. Anyone else?
Part two supplied by
Love2Scrap - And here is one: what do YOU reallllly want for Christmas? (especially helpful if your hubby reads your blog!).


Part one: Cheesecake Squares
Cream 5 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup light brown sugar. Add 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts. Save some crumbs and press rest into 8x8x2" pan, bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Blend 1/2 cup sugar and 8 ounces cream cheese. Add 1 well beaten egg, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Blend and pour over crust. Sprinkle leftover crumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool and cut.

Part two: I can't really think of much more I should ask for Christmas as I just got a new truck, a new T-Mobile dash cell phone and a bluetooth earpiece for said cellphone, add in the trip to Hawaii for 9-10 days and I think I would be pretty greedy if I asked for anything additional.

But I can put a list down for next year, just in case darling Pan wants to make note, LOL. Lets see. A new computer; 1 gig memory sticks for my camera; a digital camcorder; cork flooring throughout the house; a trip to Las Vegas; a trip to South Carolina; etc. Don't want much do I?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your list! I am getting hardwood put down prior to Christmas and I own a cork cutting board. I am amazed how strong it is. You definitely need the computer, camera stuff but did you remember the external hard-drive???

the cheesecake squares: they sound yummy, but do they leave enough 'crumbs'???

Lemon Stand said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! Cheesecake! My weakness....I'm stealing your recipe, K?

Anonymous said...

Hey don't you need the digi-camcorder before you go to Hawaii TInk?

Meg said...

Oh thank you for that recipe!! It sounds so yummy! Good for any time of year, too!

Glynis said...

Those cheesecake squares sound delicious...I think I'm gaining weight just thinking about them!!