Monday, April 20, 2009

The Competitive Edge

Blog prompt: Today is the Boston Marathon. Tell about a competition that you participated in and how it turned out for you.

I know there must be numerous competitions that I have done but the one that I remember is from high school days.

I had taken archery during a summer break while we were living in Guam. After grueling weeks of practice, we had an archery competition. Most of the people in the class had some prior experience, not me. Most of the people in the class had their own bows, not me.

I did not expect to place in the competition. Too many were better, had better bows and had their strength already built up. So imagine my surprise when I placed third. I was ecstatic.

Rustic Fields (c)Doreen Stolz; Spring word art (c)Julie Burnett (recolored flowers)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I had a feeling that you were good in something like that. But what a great surprise. Love the layout.

loonyhiker said...

I loved archery in high school. It was one of the things that I was good at and other people were amazed because I was horrible at team sports like basketball and softball. All of a sudden, they wanted me on their team. :)