Friday, February 06, 2009

What foods do you keep out of sight?

Avocados. And not for the reason you might think. I have to hide them to keep everyone else's hands off them. Same goes for lettuce and tomatoes. Bring any of these items into the house and they are usually gone within 15 minutes. Celery, oranges, bananas also top the list of items that don't last long. Yet we have boxes of single portion crackers and cookies that have been in the cabinet for nearly a month. There is a cauldron still have full of sealed candy from Halloween but when anyone gets hungry for an after school or work snack, it's to the refrigerator for a sandwich or fruit.


Brenda Miller (template); DigiDiva (Homemade Memories); Font: Summertime

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Boy, your family sure is healthier than mine is :) And I miss you guys, too !

loonyhiker said...

You have a well trained family! I have only had guacomole dip a few times. What else do you do with an avocado? Do you eat it like a cantalope or an apple?

Tammy said...

yes you do have a well trained family. And I don't think I will have to ever hide avocado's for sure. *s*

Mrs. Who said...

Come teach whatever is you did to my kids. And me, too. That's awesome that they want the healthy stuff.