Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blog Prompt - Did you go to college

or have vocational training - where and when?

I attended a couple of years of college in NW Florida, getting the prerequisites behind me, then I got married. I did finally go back for evening classes in accounting but ended as a legal assistant for nearly ten years getting my training on the go so to speak. After marrying Pan, I worked as a construction secretary for many a year. When they sold there business I went to work for a newspaper as a receptionist. Within a year I had learned the graphic portion of it so began their graphic artist and office manager.

So while I had some college, it really didn't play a role in my work. And the vocational training in accounting came in handy, but until recently was a relatively small portion of what I did.

Stitches (c)Lisa Carter; Rustic Fields (c)Doreen Stolz; Font: Porcelain

3 comments:

Evangelesse said...

Wow Tink! I really admire your versatile background!

loonyhiker said...

This shows what a flexible and strong person you are. No matter what you are a survivor and can adapt whereever you are needed. I see that in your posts as you talk about your family and the different things you do for everyone and I really admire you!

Tammy said...

Girl you can do it all!! I've missed your wonderful posts Tink and I'm glad to see them back. Hope you are staying warm!! Isn't this weather just awful here in Florida!