Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What a great idea

Wed 9/30 Blog Prompt: In 1894 Walter Hunt invented the safety pin. What invention(s) do you think really took off in a direction not anticipated?

I think the first thing that would come to most minds in the world wide web. And who could have predicted how large it would become and how close it would bring people. I know that being able to see my grandchildren and talk to them even though they may be a couple of hundred miles away or even have a world away is so thrilling. And what about cell phones which now can take pictures, text and email, as well as connecting to the web. Technology has certainly given us the ability to stay closer. Even the video games kids have today can interact with one another.

And what about the 3D holograms that are being developed so that you can appear anywhere in the world and interact. So exciting.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I am so glad we have the www. Since we travel so much, I feel like I have friends around the world. It is so thrilling when I get to meet my online friends face to face!