Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bored Witless

Thurs 7/16 Blog Prompt: July is National Anti-Boredom Month. What are some of the things you do when you are bored.

Well I almost started to say read, but that is only the outcome. Normally I just wander from room to room, trying to think of something. I may pick up a sheet of paper and pen to write only to put it right back down. I'll turn on the television and scroll through the guide then turn it off. Eventually I'll find a book I haven't read in a while and will sit down and start reading.

Why don't I just start with the reading? I guess if I started there, I would read the first sentence and then put the book down. There where would I be?

2 comments:

ax2usn said...

Being retired, I reckon an occasional episode is to be expected.

When it happens, I listen to music, read, go fishing, round up the grandkidlets for a swimming day at the creek, work puzzles, annoy the puppy with bunny slippers, play with clay, try my hand at scrapbooking, work on genealogy, aggravate the grandkidlets with 60's music...deeeep breath.....go to the library, explore gravel roads, go fossil hunting, lend a hand to local elderly veterans, take scenic photographs, read a tech manual, volunteer at the local Historical Society and sometimes even veg out at the computer.

I may have to go back to work so I can get some rest!

loonyhiker said...

I hate being bored! Usually if I can escape in my reading, I get over it. :)