Sunday, December 09, 2007

This Week in Space #8 & Scrapbook Teaser

I had almost decided not to post any astronomy links this week as it has been a very busy week and so far weekend and I read everything before I post the link. But for my own sake for looking back, I have chosen to post at least some. Enjoy.

A Picture a Day
December 2 - Gibbous Europa. Credit: Galileo Project, JPL, NASA; reprocessed by Ted Stryk
December 3 - A Complete Solar Cycle from SOHO. Credit: SOHO - EIT Consortium, ESA, NASA
December 4 - Movie: Analemma Over New Jersey. Credit & Copyright: Tom Matheson (Guidescope.net)
December 5 - Comet Holmes Over Hungary. Credit & Copyright: Tamas Ladanyi
December 6 - Mars in View. Credit & Copyright: Jean-Luc Dauvergne, Francois Colas
December 7 - Double Cluster in Perseus. Credit & Copyright: Volker Wendel, Josef Popsel, Stefan Binnewies
December 8 - Star Trails at Dawn. Credit & Copyright: Koen van Gorp

Cosmic Log
Science getting an orbital boost. Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 11:30 AM by Alan Boyle
Saturn's greatest hits. Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 7:11 PM by Alan Boyle
Teams go after moon money. Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:45 AM by Alan Boyle
Moon photo mystery solved. Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:30 PM by Alan Boyle

NASA Photo of the Day
December 2 - Steamy Solar System. Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
December 3 - Ghost Head Nebula. Image Credit: NASA, ESA, Mohammad Heydari-Malayeri (Observatoire de Paris) et al.
December 4 - Cluster of Galaxies. Image Credit: NASA, ACS Team, Rychard Bouwens (UCO/Lick Obs.)
December 5 - Baby Picture of Our Solar System. NASA/JPL-Caltech/UIUC
December 6 - Atlantis Once Upon a Time. Image Credit: NASA

Sky and Telescope
Results from Hinode: Sunrise on Coronal Heating by Jay M. Pasachoff
My Kind of Beauty Contest! by Kelly Beatty
Venus: The Un-Twin of Earth by Kellly Beatty
This Week's Sky at a Glance by Alan M. MacRobert

Hopefully before Christmas, I will get the Princess' Nutcracker page done but in the meantime here are a couple of picture teasers. Can you guess? (And no bug, you cannot guess LOL)



The Prima Donna hard at work signing autographs (she's on the left)



Template & notepaper (c)Mrs. Wresh; SNL #32 kit (c)erica; Fonts: Vinque, CK Carefree

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Gorgeous layout, Tink!

Quanita said...

Love the Layout, I really like how its a stripe but it is angled so dynamic :)

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Dearest Tink,

You are just the SWEETEST ya know! Thank you SO much for visiting my blog even though I've not had a moment to catch up with you before now! Gotta have my TINK fix! You would chuckle if you could read my mind each night as I struggle to keep my eyes open while updating my blog before falling into bed! I'm always thinking to myself, "I've got to go visit Tink - I know I'm missing lots of GOOD stuff, not to mention her latest layout!" LOL! Thank you for the PM at 3S too. I had started to reply there and thought, "wait a minute", I can do this on TINK'S TRIBULATIONS and do some catching up at the same time!!! WOO HOO!

I was SO excited to hear about Princess being in the Nutcracker and I DEFINITELY cannot wait to see layouts of this MOST special ballerina in the making! You are SO blessed Tink - I wish we were closer to our grandbabies as we will miss out on SO much, but I am MOST thankful for modern technology that allows us the next best thing to being there in person!

I am hoping to get a bit of scrapping in this week before leaving for Vancouver, WA - so here's hoping!

Thanks for the HEADS UP on Derek's blog - I haven't been to visit him for a LONG time and I'm hoping that he still has some of Grandma's China up! His blog title says it the BEST ... SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

Hugs sweetie and have a GLORIOUS week,
Linda