Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bloggers, Bugs and Tribulations

Beautiful lovely Bombshell.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

Sweet and gorgeous even at 7 years of age. But she was fascinated with collections. Just about any kind, leaves, flowers, rolly polys, frogs and the list goes on. She had shoeboxes that she kept her collections in. I swear I was begging at everyone's door to donate theirs.

Happenchance, one day as I was cleaning her room, one of the shoeboxes was moving. Yes actually moving. First thought was that she was starting to collect lizards. I just knew I was going to have to put my foot down about that one. I love lizards and want them free to eat all the wood roaches that accumulate throughout a house in the south. Those critters get to be 2+ inches long if left to their own devises.

Over I head to let out these poor lizard creatures that my darling daughter decided would be better off in a box than in nature. I don't scream easily but when hundreds, and I mean hundreds of those 2" suckers (and I don't mean lizards) came flying out of the open box, I know I could be heard a mile a way.

My sweet, beautiful daughter had been collecting wood roaches, which means she had been picking them up, playing with them, probably getting whispering in the ear close to talk to them.

Now my blog sis, Sticks, let me in on that there is an unofficial battle of the bugs going on in our extended blog family. Seems that Bou, Sissy and T1Guy have all added their two cents worth to Sticks tale, but I think I have just raised them a roach or two.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My GAWD! Y'all are all making me want to barf!!!

Mrs_Who said...

Just damn...Y'all make me want to take a shower....after carefully checking for bugs first, of course!

Anonymous said...

I remember hearing about that one. I thought you were going to go insane. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gross! That gives me goosebumps just reading it!!

Anonymous said...

I do love that fact that she isn't afraid of them. Maybe she'll grow up to be a scientist or doctor.

Unknown said...

She grew up to be a restaurant manager, lol.

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny. Heheheheh