Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Complimentary Tribulations

Blog Prompt: 3 ways in which someone can compliment you are....

I get very embarrassed by compliments, although I do like to be complimented. Who doesn’t?

I like to be complimented on the little creativity I possess. I can’t just come up with layouts, cross stitch patterns or blog stories in my head. I have to have a little nudge, but usually, not always, I can take it and run.

I like to be complimented on my work ethics. My oldest paid me the highest compliment on that when he told me that I had passed them on to him. He was being sarcastic as he is in the Navy and the sailors who do not have good work ethics get transferred and he tends to have to carry their loads.

The best compliment of all though is on being a good mother. Everyone makes mistakes raising children; they don’t exactly come with manuals. And the best compliment I ever got was right after I started working at the newspaper. The cleaning lady came and was chatting with me one day while we were working. Suddenly she turns around and says, “You’re Nuke, Scamp and Bombshell’s mom, aren’t you?” “Well, yes,” I said. I had never met this woman before in my life. She advised me that the high school students considered me the best mom in Niceville.

Needless I was shocked as I was a mom to my kids; not a friend. But maybe that is best left for more blog fodder. Now I have to leave for work now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog ;-)

ArtcTrish said...

What a wonderful compliment! It almost brought tears to my eyes! Best mom in Niceville- you rock!!!

Gabby Faye said...

I always enjoy your blogs so much. I have even nicknamed the cast of characters in my life, but other than Old Dear, my non-husband, I will not blog with those names but leave that your domaine.

Glynis said...

It's so important for kids to have parents be parents and not friends (in my opinion)...sounds like you did a great job at that! Be proud!

heather said...

Well done on being the best mum in Niceville!

Mrs_Who said...

What a wonderful compliment...when strangers tell you that, you know it's for real!

loonyhiker said...

Isn't it wonderful when people you don't know think you did a great job with your kids! My mom always said that she didn't care if we liked her as a friend, but by gosh we would know she was our mother! lol

Tiffani said...

That last compliment is a one of those that brings tears to your eyes. Its HARD raising children into mature, responsible, positive members of society and when someone you don't know acknowledges all that hard work, feels great!

Bonnie said...

So touching. what a nice thing for a stranger to say. I bet it warmed your heart!